Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Know What I Gotta Do...

"Don't expect me to think like you, cuz my life ain't like yours." -T.I.

Man I'm trying. I know what I have to do. I know how I have to do it. Sometimes it takes time. Things don't always happen overnight. Sometimes it doesn't happen in six months. People will back you into a corner. Force you to make decisions you really don't want to make. I have a million things on my to-do list. I can only do two or three things at a time. I'm not blaming anybody. I'm not asking for any hand-outs. I'm trying not to make any mistakes. I'm trying to make the right decisions...for my life. I got a dream to catch. I don't care if I got to sleep in my car and scrape up change just to eat, I'm going to make something out of nothing. Sometimes people don't understand that when they pour negative things into people's spirit it affects them more than they realize. Sometimes you'll be on the verge of making a positive step forward and somebody will come out of nowhere and say some dumb stuff, or tell you something THAT YOU ALREADY KNOW, and push you two steps backward. Don't you hate that? If I have a check list with a million things on it, I don't need you downing me. Encourage me even if you don't understand the way I move. If you're not big on encouraging people, shut up. Real talk. I don't need any 'yes men' on my team. Either I'm riding solo or my squad and I are all moving in the same direction...FORWARD. It may not be the path always traveled, but I guarantee you we will arrive at our destination safely. Fuel to my fire. Stop preaching to the choir. I get it. I know. Leave me alone and let me work my magic. When I get there, no congratulations needed. I'm content now. Will be content then. Self MOTIVATION is the best MOTIVATION. I hear you talking. I see you looking. I understand you're wondering. No need. We good. I'm good. My head is high as ever. I'm still at peace. Sometimes you have to remind yourself where you're going even though everybody else may think you're headed in the wrong direction. If you are going in a direction that nobody around you has ever been in before, of course they aren't going to understand why you leave at 3am with only a backpack, a laptop and a change of clothes. I'm going places they ain't never been before. I don't have time to unpack my clothes. I gotta keep it movin'. Thought process is just different. This whole entry may not make any sense. Don't matter. Be patient. I'm MOTIVATING myself.

No comments: